Posted to rec.woodworking
EXT EXT is offline

Default Strength of wood

Strength really wouldn't play a part as a knife handle, but the other
characteristics would. Regarding resistance to moisture, no knife with a
wood handle should be soaked nor cleaned in a dishwasher as this will
destroy any wooden handle. I would prefer wood that doesn't have pores, as
these could collect moisture and other contaminants within the pores
depending on the uses you intend.

"wayne" wrote in message
Hi

Can anyone help me rank in terms of resistance to moisture, strength,
or durability, which is best. I am choosing a knife handle but is
unfamiliar with the woods quality. which is usally the most dense?

thanks

oak
hickory
beech