Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default Budget Petrol Mower Recommendations ??

Bovvered? wrote:
Hi All

My trusty mountfield has expired after 15 years service so looking for
a replacement before the weekend. Needs to be 18 inch cut, steel
deck, hand propelled, with a big grass collector. Money's a bit tight
at the moment so also needs to be cheap. I see screwfix are selling
'Victus' mowers at a good price:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/47737/...Mower-46cm-4Hp

Anyone got one of these? Is it OK? Any other recommendations for a
cheapy petrol mower.

TIA

Mark

Why a steel deck? My McCulloch has worked well as a mower but the deck
is rusting away, I'd been thinking of looking for one with a plastic ar
aluminium deck to avoid the rust problem.