MSH

Default finishing new heart pine floors

Oil is an option, and wax would give about the same look while adding some
protection. What is the claimed density of that product?

Polyurethane does look like plastic if there is too much finish. If you saw
a bad water base, you saw a poor quality finish or poorly applied finish. An
outstanding water with a very low sheen is Bona Kemis Traffic or Basic
Coatings Street Shoe Matte. The best oil does not come in a very low
sheen(Fabulon Poly-Pro Satin).

The only way you will ever know is to apply some samples.

MH
"257roberts" wrote in message
om...
(257roberts) wrote in message

. com...
Hello,

I have some new heart pine floors that I need to put a finish on. I
have used satin poly in the past, but wanted a finish with a warmer
look to it. Is there anything I could put under the poly to improve
the looks? The heart pine is new but real nice tight grain. I would
consider another product than poly, but the floors will receive a good
amount of traffic. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for all the replies, What I had in mind for a "warm finish"
was something not quite so shiny and "plastic looking" as polyurathane
looks sometimes. Would tung oil be an option? I wasn't going to use
waterbased, I have seen floors that didn't have too much traffic,
needed re-coating in a couple of years.