Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Donna[_2_] Donna[_2_] is offline

Default Stumped on home repair of GFCI circuit all dead after light repair

I'm stumped. I need your help. And, worse yet, I don't have much to tell
you. And, it's hard to explain. But I'll try as I'm not sure what to do
next.

- I have a dead circuit in my house (6 outlets in toto)
- The dead circuit "seems" to have gone dead after I put a bathroom
switches in but I don't remember exactly when it went dead
- The bathroom timed-light switch works perfectly fine though, so I don't
see how they could be the source of the problem
- All the house circut breakers have been set and reset scores of times
- The circuit that is dead contains GCFI boxes and regular outlets
- Specifically, the dead circuit contains 6 outlets, all dead
a) bathroom 1 GCFI outlet (dead)
b) bathroom 2 GCFI outlet (dead)
c) bedroom 1 GCFI outlet (dead)
d) bedroom 1 regular outlet (dead)
e) outside two weatherproofed outlets (dead)

When I put a circuit tester into each of the dead outlets, nothing lights
up. Other outlets in the same bedroom work just fine. All but two of the
dead outlets are along the same wall while the other two are nearby. No
other outlets or switches in the house seem to have a problem.

What more information can I provide so you can help me debug why I have
these dead circuits? I'm sorry this is so frustrating but I don't know what
to do for the next step. I'd take pictures but I don't know what to take a
picture of for you.