Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Buying a Ceiling Fan

cybercat wrote:
"SMS" wrote :
If you're getting one with lights find one where the light is an integral
part of the motor housing, and not an attachment that's bolted on below
the motor.

I had a really hard time finding a fan with a light that wasn't really
obtrusive. I found nothing at Home Depot. At Lowe's I found one.

"http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=75849-22716-L05&lpage=none"

This is the one I really love! When I looked at it, I wondered how well it
cools, given that it has
only three blades. How well do you find it works? And how big is the room(s)
you put it in.

There was another reason I liked this one. It could be mounted very
close to the ceiling. Actually I would have preferred a flush mount, but
I couldn't find a flush mount with the lights I wanted. Also see
"http://www.hansenwholesale.com/ceilingfans/model.asp?ProdNo=F574-BNW"
which might be good for a kitchen, but not a bedroom.