Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Do you wear Shorts while Working?

On Sun, 18 May 2008 14:39:29 -0700 (PDT), Ries
wrote:

If the anti-shorts attitude is muslim then they seem to already have
infiltrated OSHA, as well as virtually every city and state building
department, and most major construction companies- because on
virtually every major construction site I have worked on, the
christian, captialist running dogs tell me exactly the same thing- NO
SHORTS!

Right after they tell me to wear a hardhat, an orange vest, safety
glasses, and steel toed boots.
I just was on a jobsite in Phoenix, working on the new light rail
there, and they would no sooner have let me wear shorts than an Osama
Bin Laden T Shirt.
And it was 95.

A job I worked at some 50 years ago (field survey work) permitted
shorts. The guys even got to have a swim in any convenient body of
water, especially during heat waves; then the traveling public began
to complain about these guys goofing off during working hours,
swimming in jockey shorts or less.
Word soon came down banning shorts and no more cooling off in the
pond. A few idiots spoiled a good thing.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada