Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default TV reception

In article , Rod
scribeth thus
Andy Hall wrote:
On 2008-05-18 19:48:43 +0100, Andy Champ said:

Endulini wrote:
Having recently moved to Thanet in Kent I've noticed how rubbish my
TV reception has become with a few Freeview channels now
unwatchable. As I've been in a few properties previous so I'm not
entirely convinced that this is solely an aerial issue. The aerial is
in the attic rather than on the roof which I guess doesn't help but
it seems a decent size and not abnormally small.

Does anyone whether the reception in this area of the country is just
crap and is there much I can do short of getting a new bigger aerial
installed on the roof?

Cheers

I suggest you ask again in uk.tech.broadcast.

Andy

BTW: to those who say you can get nowhere without a roof aerial: I'm
sure my wife isn't the only one who objects to having "an 8ft long
fish skeleton" on the roof..."

Does she live on the roof or do her sunbathing there?

Further, the newer aerials are likely to be mounted on larger poles than
used to be common (2 inch) and be much larger than used to be required.
For us, we would need a 12 foot pole on the back or front of the house.
Huge, intrusive (visible while sunbathing without a doubt) and probably
noisy in any significant wind. Of course, this is not universal. For us
the local transmitter (less than one mile away) cannot be received and
does not transmit Freeview.

Go Freesat then..
--
Tony Sayer