Posted to alt.home.repair
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names is offline

Default Polishing silestone

We are building a new house and have installed Silestone kitchen
countertops. When the installers put the countertops in place, they
used a cut-off grinder with masonry cutting wheel to cut out the holes
in the countertop for the cooktop and the sinks.

They left the scrap pieces of Silestone with me. I want to use these
scraps to make a table top, a board on which to knead dough, and a top
to put outside next to my charcoal grill.

Problem is the edges of the Silestone scraps are rough.

The installers had to cut a couple of my backsplashes and they
polished the cut ends using what looked like sanding discs on the cut-
off grinder. I think that all I need to polish the edges of the
Silestone scrap is something like a buffing disk with different grits
-- start with maybe 60 grit, go to 180 or 220 or more as the Silestone
is polished.

Anyone out there know how to do this??

Thanks.