Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Up Yours

Garage_Woodworks wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
Garage_Woodworks wrote:

....snip

It seems that there is a confusion of cause and effect here. The
presumed
cause in the articles you cite is human activity increasing the
concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. CO2 concentration is on the order
of 300 ppm. My point was that in order to lower the pH of a volume of
liquid, a specific volume of acidic substance must be added. Even the
most
hysterical of the GW believers don't place human impact at more than
several ppm. If one were to compute the volume of water in the ocean,
the question is how much volume of acidic substance must be added to that
liquid volume in order to change the pH even 0.1?

How do you determine this? Define your experiment for me. I think you
will begin to see the complexity. The ocean is not just water. There's
lots of stuff in it.

Why do I have to define the experiment? I'm not trying to prove that
humans are changing the ocean pH. I'm merely pointing out that there is a
heck of a lot of volume of water, that were everything else to remain
constant would require huge volumes to change the pH.