Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default another board - Pcb_A.jpg

John Larkin wrote:
On Sat, 17 May 2008 12:03:02 -0700, "RST Engineering \(jw\)"
wrote:

What are all the red, yellow, and purple horizontal striations?

Jim

That's a screen capture, and PADS does that to the display at certain
zoom levels. Maybe it's on purpose so that you can sort of see through
layers. They're solid copper pours, various power supply voltages,
mostly on layer 3, in real life.

I just finished moving all the output stage parts 0.7 inches to the
right - what a pain - to get closer to the output connector. That was
based on actually measuring the risetime of an inch of 50 ohm
microstrip on FR-4, which was ghastly.

Hmm, back in the days when I still had hair we did 430MHz microstrip on
phenolic. In power amps there could be a slight discoloration after a
few years of usage ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/