Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Buying a Ceiling Fan

On May 17, 11:16*am, "cybercat" wrote:
The light in our old one, installed before we bought the house ten years
ago, no longer works. The whole unit has rattled like crazy at high speed
for the whole ten years, too.

My husband actually knows how to install one! He has installed three others
in the house.

My question is, what are the factors I should consider when buying one? We
plan to pick one up later today or tomorrow. They seem pretty cheap, so we
could actually get a pretty nice one if there is a reason to spring for one
of the better models.

Thanks, you guys are just great!

Alot of cheaper fans use a very small base bulb which limits you in
wattage.