Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Frameless Shower Glass - to miter or not to miter

Norminn wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

I have two competing contractors to install shower glass. One suggest
mitering the corner where two panels of glass meet at the 90 degree
angle. The other says that it's not a good idea because it won't look
good.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Aaron

I had no idea a corner for glass could be mitered. Seems it would chip
or break with ease if it
was bumped.

For terminal klutzes like me, frameless glass shower stalls (or even
doors) are out of the question, period. I realize the tempered glass
makes gravel, not knives, when you break it. But those panels cost a
fortune to replace, and take weeks to get installed. I don't want the
glass to be a structural element, I just want it to ride in its nice
shock-absorbing gasket, repelling water.

--
aem sends...