Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Buying a Ceiling Fan

On Sat, 17 May 2008 12:18:54 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"cybercat" wrote in message

My question is, what are the factors I should consider when buying one? We
plan to pick one up later today or tomorrow. They seem pretty cheap, so we
could actually get a pretty nice one if there is a reason to spring for
one of the better models.

The better brands are quiet and smooth. The cheap ones rattle and shake.
I've not bought one in a while so I'm not sure what brands are best these
days.

The ceiling fan in my bedroom cost $30 at K-mart about 9 years ago.
It's only rattled once in that time. Then the screws that hold the
blades on had come loose.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."