Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default O/T: Up Yours

Garage_Woodworks wrote:
"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
Garage_Woodworks wrote:

The oceans are known to be a huge sink for CO2 and with cooler
temperatures absorb it. Also, with warmer temperatures, the oceans
release CO2. So the question is which is cause and which is effect.
Does CO2 increase precede heating or does heating precede CO2 increase.
I would think that CO2 increases would precede heating. Which causes
more CO2 release.

Do you have any true scientific cites for this? This sounds like it would
be a runaway situation which couldn't be stopped until all the CO2 from
the oceans was in the atmosphere!

No! Remeber that solubility is also a function of pH. As temp rises, CO2
is released and pH climbs. As pH climbs CO2 is more soluble.

That would mean that the oceans and atmosphere will always be trying to
reach equilibrium.

I think their is a lot of research being done on this with a lot of
contradicting data.

I hope so - I'd hate to think we we're going down this man made GW path
with no firm scientific evidence.