Posted to rec.woodworking
Rod & Betty Jo Rod & Betty Jo is offline

Default O/T: Up Yours

J. Clarke wrote:
So what, we're going to warehouse an increasing volume of CO2 forever?

Why not?......Is the capture and storage cost prohibitive?......Are not
rising levels of CO2 simply the release of naturally stored CO2?

Calculate the volume required to store the CO2 from using coal and the
volume required to store the waste from nuclear plants that produce
the same amount of power and tell us which makes more sense.

I'd agree with current technologies and costs nuclear is the only or the
largest viable energy crisis alternative.......Renewables are simply stop
gaps and niche products and often expensive....Conservation makes a good
sound bite but no one ever rationed themselves to prosperity. Possibly
worthwhile for getting through hard times but never for solving hard times.
Rod