Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
garigue garigue is offline

Default ceramic tile and mild steel

cj wrote:
greetings, i am planning on making a small table for our deck and i
would like to use a mosaic tile pattern for the table top so i thought
that i would make a pan out of 16 ga., turn it up side down and tack it
to the inside of the table frame, therefore giving me a flat surface to
put the tile in, and keep it flush with the top of the frame. now i am
wondering what kind of adhesive would work best to affix the tile(3/4
inch tiles sheets with a mesh backing) to the 16 ga. the frame will be
made if 3/4 square tubing that i will have powdercoated

any comments would be appreciated,cj

I'd use a silicone based adhesive as the temp gradient on the metal may
prove to bee too much re expand-contract for a "harder adhesive" ...

God Bless Tom in Belle Vernon PA