Posted to uk.d-i-y
robert robert is offline

Default TV reception

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Mungo "Two Sheds"
Toadfoot scribeth thus
robert wrote:
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:
Endulini wrote:
Having recently moved to Thanet in Kent I've noticed how rubbish my
TV reception has become with a few Freeview channels now
unwatchable. As I've been in a few properties previous so I'm not
entirely convinced that this is solely an aerial issue. The aerial is in
the
attic rather than on the roof which I guess doesn't help but it
seems a decent size and not abnormally small.

Does anyone whether the reception in this area of the country is
just crap and is there much I can do short of getting a new bigger
aerial installed on the roof?

Cheers
Waves

I'm in Ramsgate and we have a new "digital" aerial in the loft,
facing roughly South. It runs through a booster, although I don't
know if it really has to as the booster was just there from the
previous aerial so I re-used it. Excellent picture.

My niece lives near Ramsgate town though, which is significantly
lower than where I am, and her reception isn't fantastic but her
aerial's in the loft too. I'd imagine you should get a good signal
anywhere with a decent outdoor aerial.

Si

Ask your neighbours what their reception is like.

Why would I care what the neighbours' tv reception is like?

Si

Well its a good comparison to what your getting..

Exactly, assuming that the "view" from your house is little different then:

If neighbours get no problems with reception - you know the problem is
with your setup.

If they all have problems even with outside aerials - you know you are
going to have to do something a lot better than them with the aerial. No
point in repeating their mistakes.