Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default TV reception

On Sat, 17 May 2008 21:07:37 UTC, (dmc) wrote:

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:

(I'm in Herne Bay, a few miles west of you, and that's my experience.
Note that there are two separate, spaced, masts in Dover and only one
has all of the muxes)

Really? I thought they were all on the one big mast. The other masts are
MW radio and FM radio (on the cliff by the memorial - MW, the three
by the castle/A2 are FM) AFAIK.

http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TR274397
http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TR274398

Appear to be the same place just slightly different heights.

I can see that mast from the back of our house - no need for aerials at all
here All muxes perfect reception with nothing more than a bit of cable a
few foot long (probably slowly cooking me as well ;-))

Well, there used to be two! (but that was three, maybe more, years ago).
May have been a changeover thing, but they were on opposite sides of
Dover..

http://www.diybanter.com