Posted to alt.home.repair
ritpg ritpg is offline

Default Need help with lawn mower

On May 15, 10:54*am, mfreak wrote:
If you take the air filter off, will it continue running? *The key
would interrupt ignition, not gas, and it sounds like you have spark,
so I'd rule out a key problem..

The engine does not run with the air cleaner removed. I really
believe it's a dirty carb. especially considering the fact that oil
got into the air cleaner when I tipped the mower to change the oil.
The maintenance manual says to keep the air cleaner on top when
tipping the mower to change to oil. I didn't do that. I'll know
better whan I take the carb. off and clean it. Interestingly, my next
door neighbor has a mower showing the identical symptoms. He's
waiting for me to figure out what my problem is before he tackles his
mower. I just bought a carb. rebuild kit in case I need to rebuild
the carb. It was only $12 from B&S.com. I'm betting I won't because
the mower isn't that old. Again, thanks for everyone's responses.
I'll post again when I figure out what the problem is.