Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default GE fridge keeps running when setting digital controls to "OFF"

I have a 6 month old GE counter depth stainless steel french door
fridge like this
http://products.geappliances.com/App...= GEA&TABID=4

Last night I had to clean out a spill in the freezer section, so I
wanted to turn off the fridge temporarily. I set the digital controls
on the front door to OFF, but the fridge kept running, anotherwords,
the blower kept running in the freezer, and it continued for the next
5-10 minutes or so while I was cleaning.
Is it normal for this fridge to do this? I thought maybe there is some
kind of delay. Perhaps someone with a similiar fridge can try and tell
me if the same thing happens. Thanks.