Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Frameless Shower Glass - to miter or not to miter

On May 17, 1:05 am, evodawg wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
On May 16, 1:13 am, evodawg wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I have two competing contractors to install shower glass. One suggest
mitering the corner where two panels of glass meet at the 90 degree
angle. The other says that it's not a good idea because it won't look
good.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Aaron

I don't think it will look good. Does that guy have a sample of how it
might look?
--

Why do you think not? (I have not seen a sample, but I don't find butt
angles particularly nice.)

I'd like to see how it looked, a sample would be nice. Doesnt seem like it
would be a big deal to have him make up a sample. Wondering how strong a
joint it would be, probably the same. Guess I'm just use to seeing a butt
joint in this application. How much more for the miter?

Better than a sample, ask to check out a completed job in person.
Small samples can lie, full jobs don't.