Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Obamas plans for the US

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

The dunce part was correct. Amiable, not so much.

I take it you knew him personally, then?

I'll tell you who I take it from: George Will. Will knew Reagan, and said he
was a smart guy with exceptional insights. I knew George Will -- even before
he wore bowties -- and he's a smart guy with exceptional insights. He's also
the most acutely critical person I've ever known. That is, the most critical
*intelligent* person. So I've always been wary of the leftish criticisms of
Reagan's intelligence.

The "amiable dunce" line came from Clark Clifford, JFK whiz-kid (although he
was a very elder "kid"). The people who respect Reagn's judgment are not
part of that crowd. Some of his writings in his memoirs suggest a person who
was distant and vague in informal contacts, but not like that at all inside.

Ed? Ed, is that really you?

The real Wes