Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pressure washer leakage problem

Rod wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:
On 2008-05-16 17:52:44 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

I'm assuming this machine has a swash plate pump, unlikely to be
anything else (just looked & it does). There are two parts to the
head, the pressure
head & the crank, called housing 1 & housing 2 on this diagram

WHat is a swash plate pump and how does it work? Enquiring minds
need to know.

A lovely little animation of how they work:

http://www.animatedsoftware.com/pumpglos/swashpla.htm

(A former life with anorak friends and a certain interest in diesel
hyrdaulic locomotives equipped me with the basic idea. But Google was
need for anything more.)