Posted to alt.home.repair
Dottie Dottie is offline

Default Paint Question

We have orange peel finish on the walls. I bought a can of orange
peel spray on at Home Depot. Is there a special way to apply this? I
did take it outside and practiced on cardboard and it looked o.k.
Then I sprayed a spot on my wall where I had filled a fairly large
hole with spacklin compound and smoothed it off. It looked more like
popcorn finish. I even tried holding it under the hot water faucett
per instructions but that didn't do much better. Would appreciate any
advice on using it. By the way, it is oil based. Will I need to seal
it with something before applying latex paint?