Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cost of oil-fired heating

On Thu, 15 May 2008 12:23:36 +0100, Nick L wrote:

With the price of heating oil hovering around 60p per litre does anyone
know roughly what it costs to run a typical domestic oil fired boiler in
pence per kWh ?

Have a search back in here (I think) It's been discussed recently. But
basicaly burn 1l of oil in an hour and you get about 10kW of heat. So
60p/l (I'm glad I was sitting down...) is *roughly* 6p/kWhr but you have
to factor in the ineffciency of the boiler so add about 25% to that for a
real cost of useful heat.

(Thinking of installing an electric boiler)

There was a thread about that as well, IIRC it ran quite long and
rambled...

--
Cheers
Dave.