Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Gas stone safety knobs?

On May 16, 7:58*am, Mike wrote:
On May 16, 12:36 am, "DGDevin" wrote:

Mike wrote:
Hi all,

I didn't realize until recently that it seems that most (if not all)
gas stoves have their knobs located on the front of the stove, in easy
reach of children. *Does anyone know of any device or trick to lock
the knobs down so children can't turn them? *Any other general advice
on this one? *Thank you for any feedback.

Kind regards,
Mike

I haven't seen the locks, but I've seen covers that snap over the knobs and
spin freely thus preventing the knobs from being turned by the little
ankle-biters. *Somehow my parents' generation got by without this stuff....

http://store.babycenter.com/product/...=Store_Content....

https://www.securityworld.com/pc-142...ob-covers.aspx

http://www.kidsafeinc.com/product/90..._Kid_Lock.html

Thanks for the replies. *I did find the cover mechanisms as well, but
they seem shoddy so I was hoping to find something more substantial.
I imagine with how varied stove knobs can be that this is probably the
best solution. *Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Mike

PS - As far as my personal opinion, as a landlord of a single property
I'm more concerned with liability issues than I am over some silly
machismo pride about how great "my" generation was w/o all this safety
equipment. *I tend to agree that the whole safety bit is a bit
overboard sometimes, but if it prevents a lawsuit (or more importantly
an innocent life) then it's a small price (literally $5) to pay.- Hide quoted text -

I suspect that you will only find electric stoves with the controls on
the back. reason being you don't want to be reaching over an open
flame to turn on/off the heat - especially if it takes longer than
normal to light, and you get a little fireball flare up.

nate