Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ED ED is offline

Default Lathe Facing Problems

On Fri, 16 May 2008 00:29:38 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

ED writes:

Their process is vastly different than a fuel plant.

What's different about a fuel vs beverage distillery? I would expect they
would both be the same. Got any links explaining it? It seems to be an
issue not readily Googled.

Clearly some blindfold taste-testing is in order.

Start here-very good subject material

http://homedistiller.org/

" I heard about this guy" who actually built one of those,
reflux devices for,,well you know distilling essential oils,
or something like that. (really nice metal working project)
Seen pictures...copper is so pretty.when polished....

. The devil's in the details..yeast, wash recipe. ect.

After a number of attempts he's said really have it down to a science.
A good percent of what comes out is best used for ligher
fluid,(foreshots and tails) but the middle of the run or the heads
as its called is said to be pretty darn good.., esp. after a carbon
polish.

For fuel a vacuum system would be a good
choice. where as on a reflux type thing letting it relux
for a long while and getting it stabilized before opening
the drip makes for a nicer product, or so it's been said.

On a fuel system just strip it all out quickly...acetones, cogeners,
the whole thing...

.ED who collects pint canning jars