Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone have experience w/Harbor Freight sandblasters?

Have a potential sandblasting job (removing peeled paint from below a
steel & concrete staircase, fairly large area), and I suggested to my
client that we might use either one of these Harbor Freight sandblasters
with a rented compressor:*

Does anyone have experience with either of these, or with similar ones
from this or other vendors? One's $15, the other $13, so when my client
asked if these would do the job, I told him that they probably would,
and even if we ended up buying two of these to finish the job, they're
so cheap that they could be practically considered consumables.

(Replies that basically say "Harbor Freight sucks!" will be ingored,
thank you very much.)

*For those who ask "Why not just rent a sandblaster?", an interesting
tale therein: I did call my favorite rental place (Cresco), who told me
that not only do they not rent sandblasters, but that nobody else does
either. Asked why, they said that it's because of liability issues;
apparently, someone renting one damaged nearby parked cars one too many
times.

They do have all kinds of compressors available to rent, though.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill