Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sky Sky is offline

Default Please help my Pye P35!

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:sDZWj.2150$za1.2084@trndny07...

Sky wrote:
"b" wrote in message
On 14 mayo, 18:26, "Sky" wrote:
Sussed it. R12 had gone open, I replaced it and the radio sounds

great.
Thanks for everyone's advice. I've learned a lot fault finding this

problem,
and I didn't have to spend a penny! So all round I'm pretty happy.

Gonna change all the dodgy caps etc now.
good news; I hope you checked the current across it- this may indicate
WHY it was open!
-B

My problem is that I'm not quite sure how to work out exactly what

current I
should expect. I can work it out for simple circuits using ohms law but

for
more complicated ones I'm not sure where to start.
The service sheet I have has a lot of good info but it doesn't show

what
voltages or waveforms to expect at any points.

I guess this is something I need to work on. I'm hoping that the

resistor
died because of age and degradation from temperature change..

Just feel it after it's been on for a while, if it's very hot, it
probably has too much current.

You are absolutely right of course and I will suss it out, gotta do some
more reading and question asking. I've got some caps and stuff on order and
I'm going to make a record of the voltages/currents as I install them..
This whole thing started coz I wanted the radio I had as a kid, I got one
and now it's kicked something off and I won't be happy till I understand
this thing inside out!
S'funny how one thing can lead to another. Oh well it's better than hanging
around on the streets (-;}