Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default OT: Looney Left Math - WAS: Republican Math

Tom Watson wrote:
On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:11:20 -0500, Tim Daneliuk
wrote:

All of them ... and the mooching sheeple happily trading their freedom
for handouts.

But these self same sheeple elected your man and thus more thoroughly
inebriated him so that he continued his course.

They also elected every single, um, *elected* official. Singling
out Bush as the Bad Guy here is just cheap political theater.
The simple reality is that all of the politicos, of all stripes,
and their mooching constituents have been part of this problem
for decades. If you want to argue root cause, blame FDR who
had utter contempt for the doctrine of enumerated powers.

Will you make the argument that he was not given the mandate that he
so vociferously claimed at the completion of the 2004 election?

That was just political rhetoric and you know it. With an almost
perfect split in the popular vote, I don't see how one could
claim this to be anything resembling a mandate.

My points here - in summary - go like this:

1) Blaming our current fiscal situation predominantly on the war is
disingenuous, as it is not the dominant term in the spending and
borrowing equations.

2) Blaming our current fiscal situation predominantly on Bush is
disingenuous, as the roots and trajectory of the problem long
predate him.
Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/