Posted to alt.home.repair
Cindy Hamilton Cindy Hamilton is offline

Default countertop

On May 14, 2:59*pm, wrote:
Do you have an opinion on what countertop material to use for a
kitchen remodeling? *Considering quartz, granite, or formica laminate
(high definition laminate). *I'm leaning towards quartz, but
interested in other opinions.

I've always had laminate, but recently I got a small piece (2 x 3 ft)
of granite
to try. I haven't had it more than a month or two, but I have my
doubts about
whether I'd want an entire kitchen made of it. Every time I put a
plate or
glass down, it makes a terrific clank and I'm afraid I'll break
something.

Over time I will probably get used to not banging things around. I
think
it looks wonderful and I like that it handles heat better than
laminate.
(The piece I've got is next to the stove.)

Cindy Hamilton