Posted to rec.woodworking
blueman blueman is offline

Default Rounding over edge of thin hardwood strip

Dave Balderstone writes:
In article , blueman
wrote:

I'm thinking of doing the following:
Use my TS dado head to carve out a rabbit in 3/4" MDF to precisely
fit the hardwood strips.

Then use double stick tape to secure the strips to the MDF board

Then use the router free-hand (no router table) with the plate
resting securely on the MDF board side and the bearing along
the MDF board edge.

Any better suggestions?

Grind/shape a cabinet scraper to the profile you want, and do it by
hand. Safe, and you have complete control. It's only four feet, after
all.

--
Woodworking links and more at http://www.woodenwabbits.com

Unfortunately, I have to do about a total of 32 lineal feet (the
largest piece is about 4ft which is why I mentioned that number).