Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Electrical problems

David Nebenzahl posted for all of us...

On 5/8/2008 3:28 PM Mikko Peltoniemi spake thus:

Frank wrote:

Whenever I hear a BOOM (like a bomb blast) I know the whole neighborhood
goes down without power, either mine or another neighborhood down stream on
another feeder. That BOOM comes from an adjacent substation tripping a high
voltage, high current circuit breaker. So breakers do go BOOM, just not the
little house breakers.

Since all it turned out to be was a loose wire, I can only assume the
boom that I heard was actually a door slamming. That door slam then
rattled the wire just enough to become undone, and thus breaking the
circuit...

Hey, good detective work there. You're ready to become a real
electrician. All you gotta do is remember the 3 rules:

1. Hot on the left, cold on the right.
2. Paydays are on Friday.
3. **** flows downhill.

Oops, I guess that's for being a plumber ...

4. Don't bite your fingernails.
--
Tekkie GRIP = Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians