Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Republican Math

Tom Watson wrote:

On Wed, 14 May 2008 20:01:15 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:

On Wed, 14 May 2008 19:23:15 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

... and the liberal elitist comes out. Poke 'em hard enough and the
mask
comes off. The rest of us who hold different viewpoints are just
ignorant hicks clinging to our God, our guns, and our pickup trucks.

And you derived that, how?

Was there something in the language?

Oh, maybe the comment "Clean up your argumentation and we can talk as
equals."

You appear to be as clear a thinker as your homeboys on Faux News.

Argue the facts, not the attitude.

Or, expect to be disrespected.

Again, the only thing wrong with Tim's arguments is that they don't
match
your world-view. Or do you think that only your arguments come across as
cogent and well-reasoned?

Would you like to argue the points?

That was what was happening before the two comments above, "clean up your
argumentation ... " and "you appear to be as clear thinker as ..."

Or, would you like to argue about the arguing of the points?

I don't know, it looks like that's the approach you've taken

The problem that I have with many second tier Republicans is that they
argue incoherently.

Nope, no elitism there. Uh-uh, nosiree

The best of the apologists are having a problem right now.

I understand that, when you can not argue the point, you point at the
arguer.

It is a shabby debating tactic and long discredited.

Pot, meet kettle

The fact is that the Republicans and those who helped to elect the
Chimp again in 2004 have no good arguments as to why they did so.

Yeah, there's a real high-level debating point

The country is in an economic crisis, the military is beyond fully
engaged and the politicos are desperately trying not to have to
reinstitute a draft to cover the problem.

Pretty dim view there. Soup-line America. Do you have any idea how much
better we have it than our grandparents? Military fully engaged? You
realize part of that is the Clinton administration's plan to use Guard and
Reserves as the bulk of our military components?

Ask the military and they *don't* want draftees.

If we had to do something about Taiwan right now, what would we do?

The Chimp has run us into the ground and monkeys like you have given
him the mandate to do it.

Yep, very erudite argumentation there.

I very much look forward to changing that in November.

As I said before, you've already won regardless of who wins. So start
smiling.

As for me, I'm done with this, I've got better things to do with my time.