Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O. Mike O. is offline

Default Framing Nailer

On Wed, 14 May 2008 16:38:53 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I bought a used Paslode F350S online for home use. I
drove eight nails and it worked fine. My concern is what may be an air
leak. When air is connected to the gun it continuously vents air from
the exaust port. Is this normal? If not what kind of money are we
talking for repair?

No it's not normal. Most likely an O ring problem but could be more.
Check online for a owners manual or something that will show you the
parts and the list. Also check to see if you have a local Paslode
dealer that can point you to a repair shop. If the repair is an O
ring you might be able to replace it yourself or if not the cost would
be minimal. OTOH if you have parts banging around in there it could
be quite a bit more expensive to repair.
We use mostly Senco and our sales guy repairs our stuff if needed when
he delivers nails. An O ring replacement might cost us a few dollars
but a broken piston (very rare) might cost more than the gun is worth,
depending on the gun.

Mike O.