Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C Pete C is offline

Default Timer Off Switch

robgraham wrote:
Can't help immediatley I'm afraid but there used to be digital time
switches that were configured such that this would happen. I've one
on our bed heater blanket - if you switch it on manually, it will
switch back to auto at the next OFF point (and presumably if there
wasn't an ON setting, that would have suited the OP's requirements).

Unfortunately current digital time switches once switched to MANUAL,
remain there.

These do, and are great VFM at £7 for a pack of 2:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...9827992/Trail/
searchtext%3ETIMER.htm

Basically you can cycle between manual on/auto/manual off/auto and so
on.

As you change from manual to auto it stays on or off, then switches at
the next time setting that does the opposite IYSWIM.

cheers,
Pete.