Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Treadmill motor DOA!

On Mon, 12 May 2008 16:29:22 -0700, Dave wrote:

Hi,

Well, I wired the treadmill motor as described by several people. Ran
the wires to the controller as described, applied power and behold she
runs. I ran the speed up and woohooo, she runs fast.

A total of 30 seconds of blissful triumph and it suddenly coasted to a
stop. Never to start again. My guess is I fried something in the
controller. Yes, I know I had to wind the knob back to the start to
re-start it.

Oh, well, I think I paid 40-bucks for the motor and control back in
2000. I guess the motor is still fine, but no smoke, no noise just a
silent run down. grin Nothing overly warm on the control.

Thanks to all who tried to help with this.

Dave

your treadmill motor is a DC motor. Take the motor, hook it to your car
battery - it ought to run. If it does, something happened in the
controller. If it doesn't, check that the brushes aren't stuck.