Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Timer Off Switch

"Toby" wrote in message
wrote in message
I'm looking for a timing device that will turn my printer off at a
specific time say 10 PM but wont turn it back on again. I will do that
manually . I just don't want my printer running at night but know I
will forget to turn it off.

parts

Some printers object to being powered down from the wall, rather then
their own (soft) button.

Epson InkJet printers are notorius for this, it causes them to lose the
ink levels in the cartridges, and report them as empty sometimes.

I have connected a relay controlled socket to my periferals (Excluding the
printer) and connected the 12v rail from the PC to the coil, so when the
PC is turned on or off, everything else is also turned on/off.

Toby...

I totally agree - not properly shutting down most computer devices will
cause problems. They typically have a routine that requires them to be
connected to the mains - parking the heads, etc.