Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 4-year-old Whirlpool won't Cool

"cybercat" wrote in message
om...
Here's the question: who should I call to repair this thing?

An authorized Whirlpool repair place, right?

I want to get a decent deal, not be overcharged.

It's a pretty new, fairly nice $1000 side-by-side, with icemaker and water
through the door, or I would just buy another one. It is no longer under
any sort of warranty that I know of.

Thanks for all and any help, you guys are great!

P.S. The AC is still working, yay!

At 4 years, it is still a good unit that probably has 10 or 15 years of life
left. It may be something as simple as the evaporator fan or defrost time,
a $50 part plus the cost of a service call, maybe $100 to $150 more.
Cheaper than a new unit.