Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default New furniture !

wrote:
Hi guys Im getting married in about a month and right now im in the
midst of filling my house with all kinds of things, and all of a
sudden my wife(to be) said "NO! we cant have that bed, because it is
made of chipboard(particle board), and that wil break fast".

Then she continued to complain about all the furnitures I had spent
valuable time and money on. I my self dont see any fault in these kind
of products, but on the other hand I'm note the kind that fix things,
I only make them and then if they break I throw them away.

My question here is how long is the longevity of furniture made out of
chipboard ?
and is there any other good cheap alternatives ?

You have learned two very important lessons.

1. The compromise-quotient of your wife to be.

2. That you should let the wife make the minor decisions: what kind of
furniture to have, when you should ask for a raise, where to live, how many
kids to have, and the like. You, meanwhile, decide the major issues: Should
Red China be admitted to the United Nations, whether there's life on Mars,
is there a god, etc.