Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Stacked TV antennas questions

On May 13, 7:26*pm, Jerry wrote:
On May 13, 4:32*pm, Dick wrote:

Combining the coax output of the two antennas into a common splitter,
then one coax to the switch should work OK as long as the signals are
realatively strong. *If not, you can always put an amplifier in the
line. *Both can be purchased at Radio Shack.

Instead of using a splitter and a switch, you would be better off just
running the individual antenna leads to the digital box and TV. *Then
you would only be switching the TV, and not the TV and switch every
time you wanted to change from digital to analog.

Dick - In view of Mingus Mountain

We're in the Mund's Park area, already have an amplifier inline, Flag
Channel 2 comes in REAL strong, but even with the amplifier the
repeater stations on Mingus Mountain are usually kinda snowy. Think my
antenna is pointed more or less in the general direction of Mingus
Mt., but now that I got the azimuth off the TVFool website, I'll have
to get back up on the roof and point the antenna a little better. We
were up there for the weekend a few weeks ago, brought the digital
converter along to try it, was able to pick up digital signals for AZ-
TV and Telefutura, hope I can do a little better than that with
another antenna.

Jerry

As previously mentioned, combining signals form two antennas onto one
downlead will not work in 95% of the cases as there are time
differences in signal reception due to pickup of reflections. Even if
there are no reflections, pickup of the signal on the back lobe of the
antenna pointed away from the desired direction may add or subtract
from the main signal.