Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Keeley Terry Keeley is offline

Default Advice needed about choice of adhesive

Just used some of this stuff to glue a magnet to some "King Board" in my
trailer, double sided acrylic body trim tape didn't stick at all but this
seems to be holding so far:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCX69&P=SM

Think it's the same family of adhesives as "shoo goo". It's a little
flexible but should do the job...

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

wrote in message
While this is not strictly metal related, I'm sure I will get some
good advice here.

I need to stick tiny (about 1/8th inch dia) rare earth magnets to
plastic film (think laminated paper) and I am looking for a glue to do
the job. The result needs to be fairly difficult to break.Tried CA,
but I can break the bond with some effort. Same with Araldite
(epoxy).

Any suggestions? Any tips to get it to work better?

TIA - I'm back to lurking now
Gautham

It depends entirely on what kind of plastic film you're dealing with. In
some cases, there is no adhesive that will produce more than a superficial
bond.

You really have to know what the plastic is. There's no getting around it.

--
Ed Huntress