Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike mike is offline

Default How to make a USB 2.0 male x male data link

ctops.legal wrote:
On Apr 26, 7:41 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
msg wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
snip
I have the software and active USB interface that installs and works in
minutes, without changing the network configuration. It has a USB power
processor that handles the data transfer, and handshaking. I have found
a cheap one that works OK at a 'Dollar Tree' store, for a dollar, plus
sales tax.
snip
Wow, you mean to say that you have purchased USB Ethernet adapters for
one dollar at the Dollar Tree? I'll bet you get a few requests for
trips to that store from here on... grin
Michael

No, they were USB to USB cables with a processor. I haven't seen any
for about six months, but I think I might have one left, and hiding
somewhere in the 1000+ spare cables in the shop.

I have bought USb to Ethernet adapters for under $10, though.

--http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM

your account:http://www.usenettools.net/ISP.htm

Yea I know all that I am trying to find the hardware that make the USB
x USB work, see-http://www.usb-ware.com/usb-2-usb-data-link-file-
transfer-cable-uc250.htm

There about $35.00 right down the street I want to make my own, there
must be a do it yourself site or blog somewhere, an ethernet
connection would require 2 complicated drivers and compatibility
issues with Vista units and older systems, plus it's my hobby, thanks
guys.
ctops.legal

Give it up. If you could do it, there wouldn't be big lumps of electronics
in the middle of usb link cables.
You couldn't possibly build the hardware for the $12 shipped it would cost
to buy one. And the software is yet another problem.

http://ledshoppe.com/Product/com/CA3004.htm
mike

--
Return address is VALID!