Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_3_] Robatoy[_3_] is offline

Default "OT" How many here use Gmail?

In article
,
Robatoy wrote:

On May 13, 1:40*pm, Fred the Red Shirt
wrote:
On May 13, 7:06 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article Y%8Wj.66582$5Y1.2907@trnddc04, evodawg
wrote:
I'm thinking seriously about KILLFILING all Gmail and was wondering how
many
actual use it to post????

It's much more effective to killfile all posts that came through
GoogleGroups.

Consider:
1) Nearly all Usenet spam now is posted through GoogleGroups.
2) Many of these spam posts are tagged with email addresses that are NOT
at
gmail.com.
3) Many legitimate posters use email addresses at gmail.com but do NOT
post
through GoogleGroups.

Thus, killfiling gmail will miss a lot of the spam, and kill a lot of
posts
that aren't spam.

How to do this has been discussed extensively on a number of newsgroups,
including this one, in the last month or so.

What he said.

Mr Miller is our resident rec.woowdorking killfile expert.

...and a mood-kill expert. I have never, in any newsgroup ever, in 20
years encountered someone who keeps his nutsack in a bag of dry ice
like Miller. If I woke up in the morning feeling like he does,.....I'd
eat my ex's breakfast and kill myself.

JUST in case..