Posted to alt.home.repair

Default granite countertops- and oil based paint

On 5/12/2008 8:35 PM Norminn spake thus:

KOS wrote:

A friend had their kitchen cabinets painted/sprayed with an oilbased
paint. Some of the paint got sprayed onto the granite
countertops...it feels rough in some areas.. what is the best way to
remove this and get it back to the smooth shine? are they ruined? I
think the granite was sealed prior
thanks

How much spray? A spot here and there, or clouds of spray all overr?
A nylon scrubber, like used in the shower, might work. A new razor
blade probably best, with caution. I know it would take the paint off
easily, as I have used them on glass but never on granite.

Instead of a razor blade, how about a sharp plastic scraper, like an
auto window scraper? Less likely to scratch the polished surface.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill