Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Typical warranty length for floorboards/joists?

"A.Lee" wrote in message
I've just finished a Council Grant job replacing some floor boards and
rotten joists.

I usually give a years warranty on any work, but as this is a thing that
should last 50+ years, what warranty would be reasonable for such a job?

I would think that to be approved to do the work by the council they would
already know what warranty you give.
IME councils will only pay grants if an approved contractor has been used.
That may have changed as its been a few years since I looked at it, although
I have just got a heating grant for someone and that has to be an approved
contractor, the grant agency are appointing one to do the work so I have no
say.

What do you intend to warranty? materials, workmanship? Can you stand the
financial strain if it goes pear shaped in five years?, ten years?