Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri Cheri is offline

Default Where is the filter for the Central AIr?

Red Green wrote in message ...
wrote in news:fec4bbe1-557e-4e1f-866c-
:

Hi,
I've been in my house for a year, I looked inside all of the

interior
air intakes for my central air system, and none of them seem to

have a
filter. I was in the crawl space yesterday and saw what look like

used
filters, left by prefvious owner. Do all Central air systems have
filters? If the filters is not in the intakes where are they? The
machinery of central air system is in the crawl space, is the

filter
located in this part of the system? Thanks.

SInce you went to the extreme of looking in the crawl space, I

imagine you
looked hard here but...

...in one closet unit in an apt I saw it slid in a narrow slot like a

card.
Once inserted, all you would see is one of the narrow edges.

Mine is in the side of the unit and slides into a slot as you say. It
has a metal piece that slides down over the slot after the filter is
inserted, so it's hard to see. I looked for it for awhile before
finding it.

Cheri