Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Strange Bedfellows

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 May 2008 13:25:26 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Cliff" wrote in message
. ..

"GOP pressures Barr not to run"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/...407827992/1002
" ... Republicans have been trying to persuade him not to run for
president on
the Libertarian Party ticket, but none has given him a convincing
reason."
The king of smarm IIRC.

Barr announced his candidacy this morning.

A Libertarian and the only true conservative in the race. I strongly urge
every red-blooded conservative to vote for Barr, the only honest choice
you
can make.

A vote for Barr is a vote for a better America, and I say that with
absolute
conviction. d8-)

(Larry, here's your chance...)

--snip--
Mr. Barr, a former federal prosecutor, was a conservative Republican
before he became a Libertarian in 2006.

"In 1992, Ross Perot took rather obscure issues like government
spending and national debt and made them clear for the public," Mr.
Verney said. "Sixteen years later, the public inherently knows the
country is headed in the wrong direction, something has to be done,
and can't be done through Republicans and Democrats."
--snip--

He's abso****inglutely right, too. Of course, the phrase "headed in
the wrong direction" is just a bit downplayed, with an extra $3T in
dept during Shrubby's "reign" alone.

And I really, truly hope you get out the vote for Bob Barr...

--
Ed Huntress