Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JR North JR North is offline

Default Help ID Caps-Sony CCD-TR33

so-as per my previous post:

The distinguishing feature of this otherwise unremarkable video 8

camera is it's color viewfinder. Mine was working fine last week. Took
it out for the weekly power up I do with all my other video cameras,
and the viewfinder is B/W, and washed out. All other functions are
normal, and the video output to the TV is color.
Is this prolly a cap issue? Has anyone any experience with
disassembly and repair of Sony boards? Are they smt? Is it practical
to consider a teardown of this device to attempt repair?
JR

I put the camera in the freezer overnight. in the morning, I removed
it, attached the video cable and a powerpack. It turned on, with color
viewfinder. Of course, the lenses fogged up almost immediately, so I
turned it off and went to work. PM, turned it on, and it's back to B/W
viewfinder. So, I tore it down, and here is a link to a page I made
showing the main board.
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth/sony.html
The board is about 4" long and 3" high.
I need help identifying these electrolytics. They are SMT, and I
don't quite understand some of the marks. Also, help with sourcing
these. I doubt RadioShack will work.
Thanks a million in advance. The camera is quite complex; I hope I
will remember how to reassemble it after a time...

JR