Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bill[_16_] Bill[_16_] is offline

Default RCA g35302wk Picutre collapse

I have an RCA g35302wk that has been a great TV for a number of years.
Recently it started doing this funky thing where the picture would
collapse and you are left with a thin horizontal line all the way across
the screen. The line is very bright, and the television still has audio
when this happens. At first if you turned the TV off for a few minutes
then back on the picture would clear up and it would be ok for a random
amount of time, between about 1/2 hour and 2 hours. One morning though it
went into the collapsed state and has been stuck there ever since. I found
very little repair infor for this TV on the internet, one page said to
replace U3101 (210736), U3200 (209956) and microprocessor. But I dont
think that is causing this issue. Can anyone give me any tips on anything
else that may be causing this picture collapse? I did replace the power
supply about 2 years ago. I am skilled in electronics and do have
experience with HV systems, I just do not know where to being looking. I
know the NEW HD world is coming up, but I would love to keep this TV going
if it can be fixed without much trouble.

Thanks in Advance,
Bill